Serves 4 (or 2 very hungry people!)
You will need...
4 x Large Portobello Mushrooms1 mug of dried (washed)
Quinoa (available from most supermarkets or health stores)
8 chopped sundried tomatoes
Bunch of chopped Rocket Leaves
Bunch of chopped Fresh Basil
4 chopped spring onions
1 ball of light Mozarella
1 litre of Organic Bouillion or Vegetable Stock
1 tsp of low fat olive oil spread or butter
Low fat Cooking spray
1 tsp Dried mixed herbs
Salt and Pepper to taste
1) Pour the Quinoa into a saucepan, and cover with 2 mugs of hot stock, adding more during cooking if needed. Leave to cook on a medium heat for approximately 10 minutes or until the quinoa is soft and has absorbed the liquid. Leave to cool.
2) Meanwhile, remove the stalks from the mushrooms and chop into small peices. Add the olive oil spread to a saucepan on a low heat, and when nearly melted add the spring onions, chopped mushroom stalks and cook till soft.
3) Place the large mushrooms face down on a baking sheet and lightly coat with cooking spray. Cook under the grill on a medium heat for about 4 to 5 minutes. Flip mushrooms with tongs and then cook for a further 4 to 5 minutes on the other side. Remove from the grill.
4) In a mixing bowl, add your cooked mushroom stalks, spring onions, most of the basil (leave some for the top), rocket, sundried tomatoes, dried herbs and the cooked quinoa. Add salt and pepper to season and give it all a good mix.
5) Top your now cooked mushrooms with the Quinoa mix, and pat down with a spoon to flatten. Slice the mozarella, and place on top. Sprinkle each mushroom with the remaining basil and a pinch of paprika.
6) Put the mushrooms back under the grill for about 5 minutes, untill the cheese is oozy and has browned slightly.
Serve with a large mixed salad and enjoy!
Love and energy,
Liz and Jessica x