- 500g plump asparagus Its nearly in season
- 4 ripe vine tomatoes
- 12 thin rashers of streaky bacon (optional but hey you can work in off!)
- 1 tsp organic honey
- 16 small new potatoes preferably Jersey Royals that will be around soon!
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- couple of packets of baby leaves or rocket salad
- Preheat the oven to 200C/Gas 6/fan 180C. Snap off the woody ends of the asparagus and discard. Arrange the asparagus in a single layer in a baking tray with sides. Cut the tomatoes in half widthways, nestle them in with the asparagus, season with sea salt and pepper and drizzle with olive oil. Roll each bacon rasher into a tight roll (if large, first cut in half crosswise), and arrange in the tray. Drizzle the bacon rolls with the honey and bake for 20 minutes until the tomatoes are soft and the bacon is crisp.
- In the meantime, boil the potatoes until tender. Whisk the vinegar, olive oil, mustard, some sea salt and pepper in a large bowl until blended. Toss the salad leaves in half of the dressing, and arrange on a large serving plate
- Drain the potatoes and cut in half. Gently toss them in the rest of the dressing, and arrange on the plate with the asparagus. Tuck in the tomatoes and bacon…
Love and energy,
Liz and Jessica x