This is the perfect dish if you’re pushed for time and don’t fancy cooking. (Not to mention it’s filling and delicious – and healthy too. Winner!)
1 Large Butternut Squash (or two smaller ones)
1 Large White Onion
1 Litre of Vegetable/Chicken Stock (or Bouillon Powder made into stock – my personal favourite)
Salt and Pepper to season
Dried or Fresh Thyme (Add according to taste – 1 tbsp will probably be enough)
Paprika or chilli flakes – add as much as desired
Drizzle of Olive oil
- Chop the squash into smallish cubes (about an inch square) and chop the onion fairly finely.
- In a large saucepan, add a drizzle of olive oil, and cook the onion until soft, add the paprika or chilli flakes, thyme and seasoning. Cook for a further 2 minutes.
- Add the Squash and cook for about 3 minutes
- Pour over the hot stock, and leave to simmer for about 15-20 minutes or until the squash is soft (but not mushy!)
- Transfer the soup into a blender / food processor and whizz until smooth. Should be a nice silky consistency. (You can also use a hand blender straight into the pot.)
- Transfer back to the saucepan and reheat until hot enough to serve
Serve with a crusty wholemeal roll or for a change – try dipping in some toast!
Love and energy,
Liz and Jessica x