Even non-vegetarians will love this!
1 Large White Onion
1 Garlic clove or 1 tsp of lazy garlic
1 Butternut Squash
1 Large Courgette
1 tin of Sweetcorn
1 tin of Chopped tomatoes
1 tbsp of Tomato Ketchup
1 vegetable stock cube or 2 tsps of Bouillon Powder
100 ml of cold water
White Lasagne sauce (1 Jar or equivalent of homemade)
Half fat Cheddar Cheese for topping
Dried Mixed Herbs
Olive Oil (2 tbsps)
- Chop up the Aubergine, Courgette and Squash, add to baking tray, drizzle over oil and roast in oven (medium heat) for about 20-25 minutes (until cooked)
- Soften onion in pan, with drizzle of oil, add garlic
- Add chopped tomatoes, ketchup, stock cube and water, simmer for a couple of minutes
- Add the roasted vegetables to the sauce, with a sprinkle of herbs, stir and leave to cook for 10 minutes or so, until the sauce has thickened.
- Add the sweetcorn and add salt and pepper to season, give it a stir and take off the heat.
- Now you can start to build up the lasagne in a lasagne dish – I always start with pasta on the bottom to keep it together better, but it doesn’t really matter! Alternate with layer of pasta, your vegetable sauce and the white sauce, building up so the last layer is white sauce.
- Cover this with your grated Cheese, and add a sprinkle of pepper and mixed herbs (fresh basil is nice on top too)
- Place dish in oven (medium heat) for 30 minutes – until top is golden brown and bubbling.
Great served with a simple green salad.
Recipe supplied by Paul Hopper