Simply Healthy and delicious...
4 Salmon steaks
3 tbsp Teriyaki sauce
11/2 tbsp Sweet Chilli Sauce
3 tbsp Soy Sauce (plus more for adding to the vegetables later)
Juice of a Lemon
Mixture of vegetables ripe for stir-frying! (You can buy pre-made mixes from the supermarket, or simply buy them individually and slice - I like a mix of pak choi, courgettes, carrots, spring onions, tenderstem broccoli, red/yellow peppers, and bean sprouts
- Mix the 3 sauces and the lemon juice together in a bowl.
- Dunk each piece of salmon into the bowl and roll around until well covered with the treacley sauce. Leave to marinate for a couple of hours - or you can just cook straight away if you don't have enough time.
- Place the steaks onto a baking tray and cook in an oven at 180 degrees for 12-15 minutes - until the salmon is cooked.
- Switch off the oven and leave the salmon to rest. Whilst resting you can get on with the vegetables.
- Heat up a dry wok, and add the remaining marinade, plus a few more drops of soy sauce
- Add your vegetables, toss them around so they are well covered with sauce and cook for 3-5 minutes, until they are slightly wilted but still crunchy - you can top up with soy sauce if desired.
- Once cooked, place a portion of the vegetables in the middle of a plate, and then add the rested salmon fillets on top.
Recipe supplied by Paula Hopper